Undertaking training as an official is an important step in ensuring that you are providing a quality service to the participants you are working with. WSF certification institution, which certify more than 40 sports participate in planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling sports education programs.
WSF programs include the following components :
1. Officiating general principles – generic principles of officiating that apply to most sports.
2. Sport-specific – rules, skills, and techniques of officiating in the particular sport.
Sports Medicine, Training and Rehabilitation
This well-established athletic training program prepares students in the prevention, recognition, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries incurred by athletes and the physically active-skills important for a career in the multidisciplinary field of sports medicine. Athletic trainers administer immediate emergency care and, under the supervision of a licensed physician, help develop a treatment program based on medical, exercise, and sports sciences.
The educational aims are to administer a specialist training scheme and a continuing medical education program to produce and support medical practitioners eminently competent as clinicians and resource personnel in the following areas :
1. The Physiology of exercise and its application to :
A. The training and conditioning of athletes.
B. Community health maintenance.
2. Musculoskeletal medicine including :
A. Functional anatomy
C. The pathophysiology of injury and repair
D. Diagnosis, first aid, continuing management and full rehabilitation of musculoskeletal trauma.
3. The organization and provision of medical coverage of sporting events and medical care of sporting teams.
4. Medical aspects of physical activity for persons in special groups :
A. The elderly
B. The disabled
C. Women of reproductive age.
D. Persons suffering acute or chronic medical conditions.